Welly Walk 2023
Woodland adventure trail
Saturday 27th May – Sunday 29th October
Embrace the outdoors and get ready for a muddy adventure!
Our Welly Walk leads you from the stepping stones to the Cavendish Pavilion cafe, taking in bridges, grassland, ancient woodland and riverside paths.
Children will encounter lots of fun obstacles along the way. Let your little ones put their balance skills to the test, scramble up nets, navigate the pole-to-pole and try their hardest to keep clean as they come down the slides!
Enjoy plenty of picnic spots at the beginning and end of the walk, and perhaps even an ice cream treat.
A fun day out for all the family, whatever the weather!
Entry to the Welly Walk is included with your car parking ticket. So enjoy a great value day out, for all the family, here at Bolton Abbey.
This trail is very popular. To guarantee a car parking space please pre-book your car park ticket in advance.
- This is a challenging adventure and some obstacles are not suitable for all age groups. Please supervise your children at all times.
- The Welly Walk is approximately 1 mile in each direction.
- Unfortunately the path is not suitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs, as it is steep in sections with unguarded steep drops.
- Dogs are very welcome but please keep them on a lead to help us protect the wildlife in the woods and in consideration of fellow visitors.
- Please wear appropriate footwear, especially when it has been wet – it’s not called the Welly Walk for no reason. A spare set of clothing might be welcome!