12 Days of Christmas
Everyone's favourite festive trail returns!
Saturday 17th December 2022 – Monday 2nd January 2023
‘12 Days of Christmas’ was always a favourite Christmas trail at Bolton Abbey and this year it is returning with a festive bang!
As you enjoy a walk through Strid Wood, clues connected to the popular ‘12 Days of Christmas’ carol will help you to solve the festive mystery on the trail sheet.
The trail will begin at the Cavendish Shop and lead you up to the Strid, it is a linear trail. Families are encouraged to follow a different route back to the car park to avoid the green trail becoming overcrowded.
Activity sheets will be issued from the car park kiosks on arrival. We recommend pre-booking your Estate entry and advise choosing the Riverside car park to join the trail at the beginning.
Tickets for the ‘12 Days of Christmas’ event are included in the Estate Admission ticket. You do not need to purchase any additional tickets.
Please help us by not coming to the event if you show any signs of COVID and if possible take an alternative path back from the Strid rather than returning via the ‘12 Days of Christmas’ trail.
- This event is included in the Estate entry fee
- We advise booking the Riverside car park to access the ‘12 Days of Christmas’ trail, this is the nearest car park to the start of the trail.
- The ‘12 Days of Christmas’ trail runs from 9am to 4pm.
- The car park is open from 9am to 5pm (last admission 4pm).
- Trail sheets will be issued from the car park kiosks on arrival.
- This is a family event, suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs. Dogs are welcome on a lead.
- The route follows the Green trail from the Cavendish shop to the Strid.
- We advise warm clothing and sturdy shoes.
Click here to pre-book your Estate entry for the 12 Days of Christmas trail
(tickets are available to book two weeks in advance)