Working with us
The estate has a diverse range of jobs in both permanent and seasonal positions. The current vacancies listed are at Chatsworth, Bolton Abbey and other businesses within the Devonshire Group, please apply as indicated beneath each position.
Part-time Post Office Assistant and Visitor Retail and Information Assistant
A great opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Retail team. The role includes taking on all Post Office responsibilities as well as working in the Village Shop.
The role would be suited to an individual who is organised and efficient and copes well with responsibility but also enjoys engaging with our visitors and providing a helpful, friendly and informative service.
Your primary duties are likely to include;
- opening of the Village Shop and Post Office
- providing a counter service in the Post Office (official training will be provided)
- engaging with all visitors to assist with their purchase enquiries
- confidence in processing transactions
- maintaining a high level of cleanliness around the shop
- ensuring stock levels are topped up
- keeping displays in the shop looking fresh and seasonally appropriate
It is important that we highlight how busy Bolton Abbey can be throughout the year, the person taking on this role needs to be confident in dealing with high volumes of visitors especially in the holiday periods and on sunny weekends.
This is a permanent post working Thursday to Saturday, 10am – 12.30pm. The role includes working weekends and will be paid on an hourly basis.
Please click on the button to download the full job advert and description.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 24th February.
Full-time Groundsperson/Gardener and Seasonal Groundsperson/Gardener
Two great opportunities have arisen to join the Grounds Maintenance team at Bolton Abbey, both full time and seasonal positions are available.
Day to day work is likely to involve border maintenance, grass cutting, strimming, footpath maintenance & general upkeep of the gardens and wider Estate.
Applicants will ideally be semi-qualified gardeners and work well within a team to maintain the high standards required at the Bolton Abbey Estate.
Applicants must hold a driving license.
- The full-time role will begin as soon as possible and working hours will be Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4.30am.
- The seasonal role will be working Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4.30pm between mid-March & end of November.
For more information and to apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before 28th February 2019.