Can you navigate Strid Wood to solve the puzzle?
Saturday 23 October – Sunday 31 October
Who dare enter Strid Wood through the giant spooky gates?!
The Pumpkin Trail is back! Join us and navigate your way through Strid Wood using our map and the giant pumpkins! Keep your eyes peeled for clues hidden in the mystery boxes along the way. These will help to unveil clues to solve the puzzle!
The trail will begin at the Cavendish Shop and lead you up to the Strid. Families are encouraged to follow a different route back to the car park to avoid the green trail becoming overcrowded. Activity sheets will be issued from the car park kiosks on arrival. Tickets must be pre-booked. To attend the event we recommend booking the Riverside car park to join the trail at the beginning.
COVID-19 – We want everyone to have an enjoyable experience and we have worked hard to deliver this event. Please help us by not coming to the event if you show any signs of COVID, respect social distancing and if possible take an alternative path back from the Strid rather than returning via the Pumpkin Trail. While rules have been relaxed, we do still ask that you respect the space of fellow visitors and try and remain in your family groups. We do recommend carrying hand sanitiser and washing your hands at the lavatories before and after completing the Pumpkin Trail.
- Tickets must be pre-booked to enjoy this activity. Access will not be granted without a ticket.
- We advise booking the Riverside car park to access the Pumpkin Trail, this is the nearest car park to the start of the trail.
- Visitors WILL NOT be able to transfer between car parks.
- This event is included in the estate’s usual admission fee.
- The pumpkin Trail is open from 9am to 4pm.
- The car park is open from 9am to 5pm (last admission 4pm).
- Trail sheets will be issued from the car park kiosks on arrival.
- This is a family event, suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs. Dogs are welcome on a lead.
- The route follows the Green trail from the Cavendish shop to the Strid.
- We advise warm clothing and sturdy shoes.
Click here for further information and FAQs about the Pumpkin Trail
Click here to pre-book your admission ticket for the Pumpkin Trail (tickets are available to book two weeks in advance)