Eco-friendly Wreath Workshops
Thursday 8th December (sessions at 9.30am and 1.00pm)
Join us at our festive Christmas village in Strid Wood to enjoy a half-day workshop with Vanessa Wellock (RHS Chelsea silver medallist and florist to The Devonshire Arms Hotel) to create your own Christmas eco-friendly wreath. No previous experience is necessary as Vanessa will guide you every step of the way.
The event will be held in our twinkling Christmas village in Strid Wood. The wreath making takes place under shelter. We advise warm clothing. Parking will be in Riverside car park. It is a five minute walk to the Christmas village upstream, past the Cavendish Pavilion along the Green Trail.
All foliage and pheasant feathers will be freshly gathered from the Bolton Abbey Estate. Dried oranges, pine cones, ribbon etc. will also be provided to give your wreath the finishing touch ensuring it will be admired by many.
- Expert wreath making instruction
- Fully compostable straw ring
- All foliage
- All decorative materials (all biodegradable)
- Mince pies, music and festive cheer!
What you need to bring with you…
- A pair of thin/warm gardening gloves
- Strong scissors or secateurs
- Warm clothes/sturdy footwear
- Umbrella/waterproof clothing for the walk to/from the Christmas village
- Thermos flask with hot drink
- You will be standing for the event – if you require a chair, please notify us beforehand and we can arrange seating.
- After booking online, you will receive an e-ticket, please bring this with you and present it at the car park kiosk – this will grant you complimentary entry upon arrival.
- The Christmas village is located in Strid Wood. There is a five minute walk from Riverside car park to get to the event site. Please bear this in mind to ensure you arrive on time for the workshop.
- The event takes place outdoors under a large canopy, the sides are however open to the elements so we advise warm clothes and sturdy shoes.
Places will be limited this year so we advise you to book your tickets early to avoid disappointment.
Tickets – £60 per person
Thursday 8th December 9.30am – 12.30pm
Thursday 8th December 1.00pm – 4.00pm