Bolton Abbey, Riverside, Strid and Barden Field car parks, the Village and Cavendish Shop, all cafes and tea rooms are open.
To help ensure the health and wellbeing of all our visitors, colleagues and the local community, all visitors must adhere to current government guidelines https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary
Here at Bolton Abbey we have implemented a number of safety measures across the estate and ask that all visitors follow this guidance. These include:
- Requiring all visitors to book timed tickets online, to safely limit the number of people on-site and enable social distancing. Anyone arriving outside of the timeslot stated on their ticket may be refused entry.
- Ensuring visitors booking a ticket provide contact details as part of the government’s Test and Trace programme.
- Requiring all visitors to wear face coverings in our shops and in other enclosed spaces such as the Priory Church West Tower. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into these areas, other than those who are exempt.
- Temporarily removing some printed information.
- Installing additional porta loos and hand wash stations.
- Creating safe queuing areas and limiting the number of visitors in our shops and cafés.
- Adding signage to assist visitors and staff to respect social distancing.
- Increasing the frequency and breadth of cleaning routines.
- Adding acrylic screens at our payment points and asking all visitors to use contactless/card payments to avoid the handling of cash.