There is no longer a necessity to book a ticket to visit Bolton Abbey unless you are visiting Barden Field. We recommend booking tickets in advance in order to guarantee entry and take advantage of our early bird offer. Tickets sold on arrival at the car park kiosk are on a first come first served basis. Having trouble booking, click here for our booking FAQs.
|Ticket type||Price||Entry to|
|Early bird Entry Ticket
(to be booked before the date of your visit)
|£12.50||Admits one vehicle and all passengers to your chosen car park, Priory Ruins, visitor facilities and wider estate.|
|On the day Entry ticket
|£15.00||Admits one vehicle and all passengers to your chosen car park, Priory Ruins, visitor facilities and wider estate.|
|Minibus 11+ seater||£20.00||Admits one minibus and all passengers to your chosen car park, Priory Ruins, visitor facilities and wider estate.|
|Coach 17+ seater||£30.00||Admits one minibus and all passengers to Bolton Abbey car park, Priory Ruins, visitor facilities and wider estate.|
|Season Ticket||£150.00||Purchase an annual season ticket and enjoy Bolton Abbey Estate all year round. Click here for more information.|
View our full terms and conditions.
- The date I want to book appears grey on the calendar.
Dates that are grey on the calendar are either fully booked or the car park is not open on that date. Please try booking a different date.
- The date I want to book is not showing on the calendar.
Dates are added to the calendar each Monday. Tickets are available to book a maximum of 5 weeks in advance.
- I need to change the date/time of my booking
Visit https://boltonabbey.ticketsrv.co.uk/tickets/ and select Account Login if you created an account with us when you purchased your tickets. From here you can change the date and time of your visit. If you did not create an account when you purchased your tickets select Register Account, once complete you can change the date and time of your visit.
- I want to change the car park on my booking
Unfortunately we are unable to automatically change the car park. Please call the office Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
View our terms and conditions of sale and entry.
Coronavirus pandemic update
The terms and conditions A-D relate specifically to the coronavirus pandemic, and apply from 22 May 2020, for an indefinite period. They have been introduced in order to help us protect the safety of our visitors and staff.
- A: All visitors must ensure their visit to Bolton Abbey does not contravene government regulations relating to Covid-19, and visitors must follow Bolton Abbey’s Covid-19 safety measures as directed during their visit.
- B: We reserve the right to ask any individual(s) not adhering to point A to leave the Bolton Abbey Estate.
- C: Booking entry tickets and Father Christmas tickets will be for a specific time slot. Anyone arriving outside of the times stated on their booking confirmation may be turned away.
- D: We will endeavour to provide First Aid support to our visitors. This may include support from our trained staff for visitors to administer self-treatment or assisting to request emergency treatment from the ambulance service. We are meeting our legal duty to provide first aid support for our employees and volunteers during this time.
Bolton Abbey entry and event tickets
When you purchase a ticket via the Bolton Abbey website you agree to the terms and conditions of sale, set out below:
- Once purchased, event tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned, and are valid on the date/time specified only.
- Once purchased, entry tickets cannot be refunded or returned, and are valid on the date/time specified only. They can be exchange for another date available on the calendar in advance of the date shown on the entry ticket.
- Once purchased season tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned and are valid up to the date specified. Season tickets can be frozen for medical reasons if prior notice and supporting documentation is provided.
- It is your responsibility to download the visitor welcome map on to your electronic device prior to your visit. This information is also displayed in the Estate Car Parks. Please plan your route carefully before setting off to ensure suitability.
- Once you have printed or received your tickets/season ticket, please keep them in a safe place as we cannot accept duplicates, copies or other alternative tickets of any kind.
- Unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
- Children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all attractions and organised events; during a school visit the teacher is in loco parentis. Accompanying adults are responsible for supervising the children in their care at all times.
- In the event of a cancellation or closure, Bolton Abbey accepts no responsibility for travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
- Bolton Abbey accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
- Photography is allowed for non-commercial private use only.
- As a condition of sale, visitors to the Bolton Abbey Estate consent to being photographed, filmed or sound recorded for use on TV, websites, social media, DVD, webcast, promotional materials, or other public mediums, as part of the audience, or by security CCTV.