Father Christmas Booking 2021
It's the most wonderful time of the year
Father Christmas returns to Bolton Abbey this winter.
November 27 and 28 | December 4 & 5 | December 11 & 12 | December 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
It is with great pleasure that we are able to announce that Father Christmas will be bringing the magic back to Bolton Abbey this winter!
Step into the twinkling Christmas village, tucked away in the middle of Strid Wood and see what enchanting experience awaits. Become acquainted with the cheeky elves who have just arrived from the North Pole, and let them take you on the special journey to meet the Great Man himself.
- Children will join the elves in two festive craft activities. Parents of babies are welcome to complete these activities on behalf of their baby to ensure they can take the same personalised memento home.
- Following the craft activities, children will enjoy a musical activity.
- After completing all the activities, children will help the elves to wake Father Christmas and ensure he is on time for all of his deliveries. Each child will receive a present from Father Christmas (if they are on the good list!).
- There will be an opportunity at the end of the experience to purchase hot drinks and snacks. Due to the remote location, it will be cash only.
- The event runs from 9.00am – 4.00pm (last event timeslot 3.00pm).
- Please park in Riverside car park – BD23 6AN.
- Present your complimentary car park ticket on arrival to gain entry to Bolton Abbey. You can print or present on a smartphone.
- The Christmas village is located in Strid Wood. There is a 15 minute walk from Riverside car park, through Strid Wood to Father Christmas’ Christmas village. Please allow time for the walk and arrive no more than 5 minutes before your booking.
- The event takes place outdoors, shelters will be in place for some of the activities however some sections are exposed to the elements so wrap up in warm clothes and wear sturdy shoes.
- An element of the event is personalised – to ensure you receive the personalised memento it is important you book in advance. If you book within a week of your visit you will still receive the item however it will not be personalised.
- The Christmas Village experience is exclusive to ticket holders.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Christmas village.
- After dusk, extra lighting will be in place in the vicinity, but torches are advisable. Please take extra care during this event.
- Bolton Abbey does not accept responsibility for the loss of tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please check and double check your diary before booking your visit to Father Christmas’ village because we are unable to transfer, exchange or refund tickets.
Pre-book your tickets early to guarantee a memorable visit and avoid disappointment.
Click Here for further event information and FAQ’s
Child – £25.00 (all children visiting Father Christmas must have tickets – including babies).
Adult – £10.00 (you can purchase a maximum of two adult tickets with every two child tickets).
Older Sibling non-believer – £10.00 (a child who does not wish to partake in the crafts or receive a gift from Father Christmas).