Father Christmas Booking 2019
It's the most wonderful time of the year
Father Christmas returns to Strid Wood this winter.
November 30 and Dec 1 | December 7 & 8 | December 14 & 15 | December 21, 22, 23
This year, families are welcomed to journey into Strid Wood, where, with the help of our cheeky elves, our young visitors will be invited to find Father Christmas tucked away in his cosy log cabin.
Our sparkling Christmas village will come alive with storytelling, open fires, Christmas carols softly playing and an abundance of festive activities for all the family.
The Christmas village experience is exclusive to those with tickets, where all the good boys and girls will receive a special gift from the great man himself.
Book tickets early to guarantee your memorable visit and avoid disappointment.
Tickets must be pre-booked for this event.
Child - £15.00
Older Siblings - £7.50 (those who would like to enjoy the Christmas Village but will not receive a gift from Father Christmas)
Adult - £7.50
Estate admission is included in the price of the tickets and we welcome all ticket holders to come and spend the day on the Estate before/after their Father Christmas visit.
Tickets selling fast. 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd December are now SOLD OUT
(Click 'Book Now' to see available dates and time-slots. Scroll down for more information about the event.)
- Event runs from 9.00am – 4.00pm (last timeslot available is 3.30pm).
- Please park in Riverside car park.
- Show your e-ticket for free admission to Bolton Abbey.
- We will send an email out the week of your visit with the directions you need to find Father Christmas once you arrive at Bolton Abbey.
- We advise sturdy shoes and warm clothes as Father Christmas is located in Strid Wood.
- Families will follow signs from the Cavendish Shop into Strid Wood to find Father Christmas. It is a 20 minute walk.
- The route to Father Christmas is suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
- Event not suitable for dogs.
- Hot and cold refreshments will be available to purchase.
- After dusk, extra lighting will be in place in the wood, but torches are advisable.
- Please take extra care during this event.
- Bolton Abbey does not accept responsibility for the loss of tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please note the ticket to visit Father Christmas is an electronic email ticket. It must be printed and shown on arrival at Bolton Abbey.